This is a 12-week, part-time, unpaid internship. The selected candidate will be able to work from home and set their own schedule, but must meet weekly deadlines. Articles submitted will appear on Smack Magazine or one of our network publications.
• Interview sources and research topics in-depth.
• Write one well-researched article per week.
• Communicate with editors and supervisors.
• Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
• Attend national conference call and/or training when scheduled.
Strong journalism writing skills. Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines with very little supervision. Experience writing for newspapers is helpful, but not required.
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by Smack Magazine.
Latest posts by editor (see all)
- This Is For ‘The Undefeated’: A New Picture Book Celebrates Black Brilliance - April 3, 2019
- Adults Come Under Scrutiny After HS Wrestler Told To Cut His Dreadlocks Or Forfeit - December 28, 2018
- Northern Ireland’s Troubled Past Surfaces In Family Drama ‘The Ferryman’ - December 11, 2018